Sunday, December 15, 2013

Why embrace blogship?

        So why did we decide to embrace blogship? What made us decide to document significant details of our life and our cat and expect people to be interested? I don't know. I do, Alex Lazzari told us to! We woke up one day and noticed all the creative and beautiful things people were doing around us, and decided that we would like to join the club. FOR EXAMPLE: Jake Carnley and The Great Bear Wax Co., Alex Lazzari and his sweet print business, Courtney Kurtz and her blog/creative site, so many more that we will mention. We searched for weeks for something incredibly creative that we could collaborate on to become our niche. Eventually we decided that niches are overrated and sometimes you just got to pick something and run with it. If it fails drastically, then try something else. To tell the truth, I tried to build a guitar stand with this new found inspiration flowing through my veins. It was a real great guitar stand. I looked at it for a few days and then eventually went out and bought one for $10. What a steal! (Approved by Tori)(true). Not to say, I'm giving up on building stuff, because I built a rockin bar in my kitchen. As the days go on and we post blogs we will show you our progress in things that Aaron builds, I sew, Bugz destroys, etc. Along with things that we're learning, funny stories, and on and on.
At first I was hesitant about a blog because anyone can start a blog. But then we decided to go with a blog because anyone can start a blog... But seriously, I think its pretty interesting the seasons we go through and how we come out the other end of them. And anytime I try and journal privately, I always write it as if someone else is gonna steal it one day and read it. So I was hardly ever honest in my own journals. But we'll try and keep it as honest and authentic as we can without causing our loved ones to worry about us. The thought of publicly displaying things that are hard for us, things we're working on, and things that are just on our hearts is kind of nerve racking. I want us to have a way to document the things that we learn, and I want to share it too. 
I know about 15 people that probably knew for a fact that I would mention Brene Brown at some point within this blog so here it goes. 
Brene Brown with the help of Ted talks, both with the help of Jesus, taught us the power of vulnerability. Inspiring us for all of eternity, and motivating us to be open about what we are experiencing in every day life to reassure all of the other humans that they are not crazy! Either that, or we are just all crazy. 
-Aaron -Tori

Links to our super creative and incredible friends and family:
  
Jake Carnley: Great Bear Wax Co.
        
 Courtney Kurtz
     
Alex Lazzari Printmaking

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say a few things:

    That TED talk by Brene Brown--amazing, inspiring!
    This blog--can't wait for more posts!
    I'm happy to be the first to comment.

    Also, I love you two!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Tori. post your sewings now. k go.

    ReplyDelete