Thursday, February 13, 2014

Remembering Who I Am

I often look around for encouragement in who I want to be like as I continue to grow and develop. I look around and see all the greats going before me. Completely amazed by where they are and what they're like. 

There's something inside of my subconscious that tells me that in order to be as loved and honored by others as they are, I need to just recreate them. 

I caught myself in those thoughts today! 
That's completely wrong! 
There is only one of them and one of me. 

I'm not saying I don't appreciate who I am because I definitely do. I think there are so many special characteristics about myself that God put in me. 

I am saying that I naturally look up to others who I respect, which can be a very positive thing. But there are two things we can't forget when looking at others like ourselves: 

1. We are One of A Kind! 
We are so uniquely made and only you can be the best version of yourself. Look to other for encouragement as you see them blossom, but look to Jesus to tell you who you are. The longer we wait to do that, the longer we prolong growth and LOVE FOR OURSELVES. 

2. Those people that we constantly look up to were a process. They weren't born with such a polished way about them. They went through awkward puberty, thinking too much of themselves, discouragement, and probably a lot of humbling.  

Thanks Jesus for being so real and active in my thought life today.

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment